Saturday, August 22, 2020

For which I respect Tucha

Our company, which is logical, long ago abandoned the local infrastructure in the office in favor of the cloud one. Computers have turned into diskless stations and continue to serve us well and faithfully. Each employee has his own workspace in Tucha, which is available to him at home, in the office or elsewhere. For example, MacDonald's.

A couple of days ago I shared my personal system of organizing work in Tucha, today I want to develop the topic and dwell in detail on some of the many fat advantages that are of the greatest value in my work and help me solve work problems more efficiently and comfortably. It is cross-platform and data storage reliability.

Available cross-platform or one OS on all devices

I use several devices for work. But unfortunately, all the devices I deal with have different operating systems installed. And it turns out that if one version of the program works on one device, then it refuses to do it on the others. :) And for each version, of course, you need to purchase a separate license.

But that's not all the nuances. When working with layouts of various formats, from * .Eps to * .Cdr, a few more unpleasant surprises await the user, for example: what are entry level it jobs

sky-high file sizes - it is very inconvenient and takes a long time to transfer from one PC to another (if you know what it is to constantly move files weighing 1.5-2 GB from device to device, then you will probably understand what I mean);

incompatibility between versions - saved in the wrong version and, please, the printing house does not accept the layout (yes, many typographers do not accept innovations and use old versions of graphic editors, unfortunately);

if the OS used does not yet support the version of the program, then you will not be able to quickly resave the file in the required version - you have to "move" to the desired computer, and this, you understand, is the time that is often not enough (such an outrage, in particular, is observed on macOS, which runs CorelDraw up to version 11, and newer versions have not been released for it).

Earlier, being out of the office, it was not always possible to work and quickly send the file. I was forced to rush to the office urgently to change some letter "I" to "A". Now all this is over, and I can use these "obstinate" applications without problems. After all, a MacBook Air with MacOS or a netbook with Ubuntu (for Linux CorelDraw was last released in 2000) is just a window in Tucha! :) I only need them to connect to the workplace in Tucha and that's it. And in Tucha, my desktop is a good old licensed Windows with a full set of applications and all my working files.

No comments:

Post a Comment